Welcome中国体彩发布的官方app Class of 2024!
- Our Spring musical rehearsals are well underway. This year’s musical is “Ragtime”. Ragtime is a musical based on the 1975 novel by E.L. Doctorow. It tracks three diverse families in pursuit of the American dream in the volatile “melting pot” of turn-of-the-century New York, NY. Performances will take place in March.
- The Caravan Robotics team 6410M won the Opt4stem VEX Tournament at IIT on February 23rd! With this win, Caravan Robotics qualifies for the VEX State Championship, March 14-15 at Illinois State University. Go Caravan!
- Congratulations to the members of the Caravan Math Team for their performance at the ICTM Regional on February 23rd. We had 13 young men participate: Andrew Sippel, Billy McHugh, Tim Sullivan, Jacob White, Kameron Williams, Luka DiFillipo, Kolton Hall, Maximillian Milavickas, William Quinn, Blake Lopez, Cesar Sanchez, Brian Sullivan, and Jon Weber. Kolton Hall took 1st Place in Algebra II as an individual! The Freshman-Sophomore team of Tim Sullivan and Jacob White took 2nd. The Junior-Senior team of Kolton Hall and Jon Weber took 2nd. The Junior-Senior team of Luka DiFillipo, Kolton Hall, Maximillian Milavickas, William Quinn, Blake Lopez, Cesar Sanchez, Brian Sullivan, and Jon Weber took 1st! Lastly, as a team, Mount Carmel's juniors, Luka DiFillipo, Kolton Hall, Maximillian Milavickas, William Quinn, took 1st in Algebra II!
- The MC Chess Team made it to the IHSA State Championship and finished 80th out of 128! #CaravanStrong
- The Mount Carmel Wrestling Team finished 2nd in the Catholic League on January 25th. 12 MC wrestlers went on to compete in the IHSA State Championship on February 23rd and the final standings are as follows: Sergio Lemley and Noah Mis are state champions! Connor Gaynor placed 2nd, Colton Drousias placed 3rd, Jalen Grant placed 4th, and Ashton Breen placed 5th.
- The Caravan Hockey made it back to the Kennedy Cup playoffs for the first time since 2015.
- Caravan bowling season ended with MC securing a spot in the sectional championships after finishing in the top 4 in last month's regional competition.
- The Mock Trial club heads to the Illinois State Bar Association Mock Trial Invitational on March 14th and 15th. Good luck!
- The MC Summer Camp program for kids, Grades 2-7 dates will soon be available. Camps are 4 days, M-Th, and run from 9am-12pm. There are a wide variety of sports and non-sports programs that include STEM/Robotics, Sports Photography, Broadcasting, and Musical Theater. Stay tuned for more information.
Did You Know?
Did you know that Mount Carmel students have an opportunity to travel? Our faculty often lead trips abroad in partnership with EF Tours, the world leader in international education since 1965. Students get to experience exciting places and fascinating cultures. This year’s destinations are Costa Rica, China中国体彩发布的官方app, Italy and Greece.
Important Upcoming Admission Dates:
- March 12th: Class of 2024 Parent and Student Orientation. Sessions are at 5pm, 6pm and 7pm
- June 19th: Expedition MC. Expedition MC is an opportunity for the incoming Freshman class to meet on campus, get to know their classmates and bond as a class. Attendance is highly recommended.
- MC Spring Musical “Ragtime” on March 26th and March 27th at 7:30pm and March 28th at 2:30pm and 7:30pm
- Spring Open House for prospective families on March 31st at 6pm
For more information on events, click here for our school calendar.