Junior Year Responsibilities
- Plan for and manage college costs
- Understand the FAFSA, including critical tips and deadline dates
- Learn the types of financial aid that are available, including scholarships and grants
- Create your personal college funding strategy using our CollegeFund Path Worksheet.
- Visit the online counseling program!
This is the time to start making some plans about college and your future after high school. Listed below are some things you need to think about through out your junior year:
- Solidify or improve your GPA (this is the GPA that we will be sending to the colleges you apply to)
- Become involve in extracurricular activities if you aren’t already.
- Review your goals for this year and for you senior year.
- Register and USE the Family Connections website: connections.naviance.com. This is a helpful tool in your college search and allows you to compare yourself with college admission requirements.
- Register for the ACT or SAT tests in the spring.
- Register for the ACT or SAT preparatory class.
- ACT website:
- SAT website:
Please see your counselor for more information or if you have any questions!